The Internet of Things is a mature term now. While we are used to using the internet, human intelligence often tries to bring material things like phones, desks, cars, etc. into the internet world. It allows us to connect better to the everyday appliances with the internet to give us a cleaner, smarter and a better world. With sensors attached to them, objects can communicate with the data from the internet to provide an improved functionality.
The introduction of IoT, is on the verge of changing how enterprises and individuals use voice over IP (VoIP). Although VoIP technology has gained popularity as an alternative to the traditional phone systems, the IoT provides a new platform for opportunities.
- Designing a Smart Office: IoT and VoIP together can help businesses improve their efficiency and performance significantly. For example, you can make equipment communicate or alert business people by a simple text or email when it needs maintenance. Or individuals can create a completely digital office from home by creating a smart home.
- Better Mobile and Wi-Fi Access: The IoT will provide better Wi-Fi technology options, including improved softphones and unified communications options.
- Enhanced VoIP Security: With IoT, the potential of VoIP phone devices as a threat vector for malicious hacker and distributed denial-of-service attack will raise automatically.
Here are a few examples of IoT and VoIP Collaboration
- Set calendars to notify you via your VoIP phone about an upcoming event
- Program smartphone messages to automatically drop into your email via VoIP phone service
- Notify you for a service on your way past a specific mechanic you use. On accepting the alert, your VoIP phone system alerts your car the mechanic’s address to your GPS, and confirms a calendar event of your visit to the mechanic.
Collaborating VoIP with IoT requires a well-thought strategic planning by businesses due to security and privacy issues. VoIP service providers are finding more useful ways to expand digital services into traditional industries. To know more details on how your business can benefit from this collaboration, contact Harry Bhatia at 2165035150 X 206. You can also visit our website http://www.netactivity.us/.